TightShip with Lisa Hall: Why I Use Facebook Live To Market My Business
It is now estimated that over one hundred million people watch video online on a daily basis. If you are not using video to market your products or services and to set yourself apart from the competition, then you are missing out on a big opportunity. Video content is not going to just disappear. It is here to stay - so what are you waiting for?
Not sure how you’d use video to market your business? Here are some creative and fun ways to use video on FB to market your business.
- Having an event or a special sale at your store? Take a few minutes to show off the décor, food or products you are showcasing. Give your audience a virtual tour of your space. People love a behind the scenes glance of events.
- Use video on FB to briefly interview some of your favorite clients and customers. Have them share why they keep coming back. This is an amazing way to get some great testimonials for your brand and services.
- Share a quick tip for a challenge your customers may have. People love quick hacks to help them figure out things quickly and easily.
- Interview those that would be of interest to your audience. Maybe your audience loves the out doors… so maybe you interview someone that can talk about hiking trials in your area that aren’t commonly known.
- Give a small look into your personal life. Be real and share some things you do outside of work. This will let your audience feel as if they know you even better, creating that likability factor is important for closing more sales.
- Have a huge new shipment of product you are unpacking? Do some of the unpacking on video and entice them to get to your store.
- Are you an MLM business? Video is perfect for you! What about a live FB party directly from your home office to participant’s couches? Show your products, do live demos and then send them to your website to purchase.
I believe Facebook Live is going to be a game changer for small business. While Periscope, Meetkat and the others are great I believe Facebook got it right by waiting until their application for video was fully thought out and structured to work in a variety of different ways. So give it a try! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Business Success Coach and Personal Speaker